Over the years, camp has been an important component in the success of Swartz Creek Cross Country teams. While attending camp is not mandatory, the benefits to your training and the experiences with teammates that camp provides are invaluable.
Here are the rest of the details:
Timber Wolf Lake Cross Country Camp
4909 N. Morey Rd.
Lake City, MI 49651
When: August 15 through Friday, August 19
We’ll meet at the high school at 11am on Monday, run, shower, swim at the Middle School, eat, and then take off. We plan to return to the high school around 2:00 p.m. on Friday.
Emergency Phone:(231) 839-7552 – ask for Swartz Creek Cross Country Camp. Coach Wiens’ cell: (810) 730-9442, Coach Murphy’s cell: (810) 845-7298.
Cost: $230.00 (includes room, board, and T-shirt).
For payment, we prefer cash. You will receive a receipt. Payment is due Monday, August 8th. The actual price for this camp is $230.00, but this price will be lower for athletes that participated in cross country fund raisers this year.
Spending Money: Enough for two lunch trips and any other food from vending machines at camp.
Activities: Running, game room, volleyball, swimming, cards, ping pong, movies, etc.
What to bring with you:
- Team pride and enthusiasm!!!
- Training Log and Heart Monitors or Watch
- Personal medicines, toiletries, bug spray, sun screen, contacts solution, etc.
- Towels for running/beach – pillow and linens are provided.
- Running gear for 5 DAYS – socks, 2 pair of shoes, shorts, rain gear (yes we run in the rain!) Remember: We will be running twice a day
- One nice outfit.
- Heavy clothes for cool temperatures in the evening.
- Insurance card/medical authorization from parents.
- Snacks … the meals are great so don’t overdo the junk food. They will feed us well!
- Dirty laundry bag, alarm clock, and fan.
- SIGNED SWARTZ CREEK PERMISSION SLIP / RULES SHEET and YOUNG LIFE REGISTRATION.
We will be cramped for space so please limit yourself to one medium size (24x18x10) suit case or 2 medium size (18x10x10) gym bags. Bedding will be provided.